I’m a multimedia storyteller and writer with many years experience as a journalist, working as a reporter, writer & producer for the internet, radio, TV, and print publications.
- A freelance director/writer/story consultant involved in interactive creative storytelling.
- Director and Writer-for-hire. Specialties include personal profiles, travel and food.
- Part-time writer/editor CBCnews.ca
- 2013 Best Narrative Prize, World Arts Festival in Florida for “Travels With My Brother”
- 2012 National Screen Institute Canada Fearless Female Directing Prize for “Travels With My Brother”
- 2011 DOCshift Interactive Pitch Prize for "AutismLand"
- 2009/2010 Quebecor/ Documentary Organization of Canada Fellowship
- 2008 pitch winner at the Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival ("Travels With My Brother")
- 2005 Rendezvous Pitch winner at Hot Docs ("Twin Trek")
After getting a Bachelors of Journalism (Honours) from Carleton University in Ottawa, I went on to become a writer/editor for the Canadian Press. Soon after, I took a job as an editorial assistant in the national radio news room of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC).
Since then, I have been:
- A radio writer/broadcaster in Newfoundland
- A current affairs producer at CBC radio in Ottawa
- A daily news and features TV reporter for CBC in Ottawa (4 years)
- A chef/host on the 1st season of “The Great Canadian Food Show”
- A consumer, news, health and arts writer for CBC Online
- A freelance writer who has been published in magazines and newspapers
- A columnist
- An arts feature writer for Canada’s most progressive news site – rabble.ca
Outside of my working life, I've feasted and fested in more than 40 countries, including those in the Middle East, Asia, Europe and South America. I'm a food enthusiast who also loves film, photography and flamenco dancing.
* Amelia Earhart